Monday, February 16, 2009

Quick update...

Hey all!
Just wanted to quickly update you on what's going on while I have a chance (not sure when I'll have internet access again):

I don't have much time so I'll keep it short and sweet:
  • Spent the weekend at a friend's rental unit of the beach so...I saw the ocean! Not my first time to see the ocean but exciting nonetheless. Especially since it was storming. Beautiful and majestic is a cheesy but true way to put it. Took tons of pictures that of course I can't post yet. Look forward to photo overload once I can post from my own computer. Sigh.
  • I got a job! Woohoo! So here's the deal- I'll be working at a 'roadhouse' (which apparently means service station) in the outback in a town called Alpha, population 300. No, I am not kidding. It's only for three months though and I figure it will be a good way to save money and have a true Aussie outback experience. The job starts March 1st so until then we'll be...
  • Spending some time in the Town of 1770. We leave today on an 11 hour bus ride to get to this sleepy beachy resort town that Chris has quite the nostalgia for. Not looking forward to the long bus ride though. Oh the life of a nomad.
  • Finally, I've been sick. Of course. How come every time I leave the country I come down with some ailment? It was mostly chesty cough/slight fever/throat ache/headache/stuffy nose business but I believe I'm almost recovered. Just been pretty sleepy but I figure it gives my body time to recover. Unfortunately now I have a whiny sick boyfriend to deal with.

Well I guess that's all the vitally important info I need to impart. I hope my next post will be sooner than later so I can tell you more. Love you guys!

2 comments:

Ivy said...

ahhh yay yay yay for the job! what will you be doing?
hope you get bettet soon my dear one!

L-Kat said...

feel better! we miss you tons :) i'm so glad that you're having a beautiful time. keep us posted!

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine