Sunday, June 1, 2008

Girly Time

Cindy Lauper says it best: girls-they wanna have fu-un, o-oh girls just wanna have fuuuun. Well, realistically speaking, the fairer sex wouldn't come off looking too good if that was strictly true, but sometimes a girl does need to just let her hair down and have some good old fashioned
fu-un.
This week, I had me some serious girly time fun. To start, Veronika turned the big 2-9 on Monday, so we had a wee party at the pub after work. I had a few ciders, played some really bad pool (but looked very cute while losing-Veronika and I were the "green team" so we chalked up our noses to help distinguish that. Unfortunately, my camera was dead so I have no documentation. Crap.), and even ate a little tiramisu cake. Nice. Then on Wednesday, I had a rather crappy day off involving me running all my errands I never get around to (because I always put them off), wildy misinterpreting the bus system (buses and I just don't get along), and missing my ride for Monika's birthday party because I got back too late from Stirling (again, I blame the public transportation system). So I was feeling really down and frustrated when I got home. However, upon my arrival I ran into an equally down and frustrated Catriona, so we decided to do something about it. I jumped in her car, we picked up her girls, and headed off to Stirling (don't worry, no buses involved in this trip). We enjoyed a lovely meal where we stuffed our faces and died of laughter over the silliest things. Just what I needed.
Now here's where it gets real girly; Friday after work, Veronika came up to my room to give me some eyewash (yes, my silly eyes are still being ornery), and we ended up shopping for makeup online (thanks to Ivy's email---thanks loml!) which led to talk about makeup which led to me pulling out all my makeup which led to me giving Veronika a makeover. So fun. She almost NEVER wears makeup and I absolutely love playing with the stuff. So after I finished dolling her up, she started to ask me how she should wear her hair. I mentioned she would look good with some fringe bangs and the next thing I knew we had pulled out a pair of scissors, thrown my apron over her shoulders, and started cutting away. Not bad if I do say so myself... I think it makes her look like Goldie Hawn. Or Kate Hudson. Can't remember which. Anywho, check it out for yourself....
BEFORE
(to be fair, I did pick the absolute worst picture I possibly could-but that's what you're supposed to do-right?)

AFTER...Ta-Dah! A la Goldie Hawn....

Finally, I put the icing on my girly cake last night when we broke in Catriona's new barbeque, played Veronika's new Pretty Woman CD, opened a bottle of Merlot, and had a dance party. What a hoot. There's nothing like dancing barefoot out in the yard while the chicken burns on the barbie. Don't worry, I have tons of pictures since I got camera happy as I tend to do...

Veronika's first BBQ...and she's already burning the meat

Family Dinner...Girl StyleI Heart Laughing

And the dancing begins....

2 comments:

Darrell Glenn said...

Looks like a great time! Daniels graduation went fine. We missed you. Praying for you. love, Dad

Ivy said...

ooo you are brave to cut someone elses bangs! mand nice job might i add! we miss you down here in good ole texas shivster.

i want some girly time with you.

counting down the days to youre return,
ivy lu.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine