Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"And Here's What's Happening in My Neck of the Woods..."

Anyone a fan of Good Morning America (or is it The Today Show? I always get them confused. It's pretty much the same show with different anchors anyway, right)? I love how the weather man, Al Roker I think it is, always gives the national weather scope and then transitions to the local weather guys using this phrase. It's silly, but I like it, and it reminds me of home, so now it is officially part of my blog....just don't tell Al.

So, as I was saying, here's what's happening in my neck of the woods:
1. I'm tired. Knackered. Battered. Shattered. Exhausted. Whatever you want to call it, I am. For some reason, I've just been feeling drained lately. I really am not working all that much more than usual (though I haven't had a day of in 10 days), but I can barely drag my butt out of bed in the morning. I think it's beginning to show too because they sent me home early from work today because I wasn't looking so good. But no worries, tomorrow I don't start until noon, and then I finally, drum roll please, have my day off! Hoorah!
2. Homesick. I don't get homesick all that often but this weekend was tough. My little Miss April became Mrs. Buck, and my baby sister turned the Big 21-two events I really didn't want to miss out on. Luckily I have a very sweet and understanding boyfriend to help get me through the rough spots which brings me to....
3. SATC: The movie. Upon release, I found myself quasi-boycotting the film because it just didn't feel right to see it without my girls (that and the fact I couldn't convince anyone here to see it with me). Then last night, the unthinkable happened; a real, live, warm blooded, homosapien boyfriend OFFERED to take me to it. No, this is not something from the sci-fi channel, but an actual occurrence. The movie was entertaining, the fashion-UNBELIEVABLE, and I actually made it to the end before I teared up thinking about y'all. Side note: Chris was one of three men braving the estrogen packed theatre, and he handled it beautifully-I'm pretty sure he only gagged once during the movie. Needless to say, he scores major boyfriend points with this one.
4. I fly home in 35 days. Yes, 35 days. Crazy isn't it? Where does the time go? And, I'm starting to stress. Scratch that. I'm in full on stress out mode. The paper work for my visa still hasn't been filed, I haven't registered for my permanent National Insurance number, and I haven't worked out just what to do with all the stuff I've acquired since being here when I go home. Gah, I'm such a procrastinator; how I ever managed to make it through college, I still haven't figured out. I really just need to buckle down, make a to-do list with deadlines, and stick to it. Ha. I can barely type that without laughing. OK people, I'm really gonna try, but I need some prayers.

Okay peeps, that's all I have for now. Sorry the life of a shop girl isn't more exciting, but I'm happy to share it with you anyway. Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Buck, Happy Birthday to my beautiful sister, and Good luck to my bigger brother who moves to college this week. I love you all and am so very proud as always. Besos!

5 comments:

Ivy said...

shivy! haha i loved this blog! and i LOVE the TODAY show. i watch it every morning. :) al's a funny guy aint he. and youre right - it screams home for some reason. i am so excited that you finally got to see satc... it was ah-may-zing, yes? i cried like a baby. i really hope you arent coming down with something. ah. you need your rest my doll. make sure that chris takes good care of you and total and complete props to him for taking you to see the movie. how sweet is that?! points for sure. i feel like i havnt talked to you in forever - umm probably bc i havnt! -- but this must be changed soon. we need to aim it up, bc i miss you SO much. 35 days is going to go by so quickly so enjoy your precious time there. perhaps you can still work it out that chris can come with you? although he got points for sex and the city and the blogworthy day i still need to approve in person. :) hes got a good chance of making the cut though.
and dont you worry about a thing. you procrastinate. thats what you and whitney do. and does it always get done? um yes. SO it will get done! and maybe you could ship all your accumulated stuff home?
i love you and things will work out beautifully, just you wait and see.

force.

Ivy said...

ps sorry i posted you a short story as a comment.

I LOVE YOU!

Trisha said...

I LOVE YOU! ivy gave me the link to your blog so that I can keep up with you. i spent all morning reading and catching up on your life and it sounds like you are having an AMAZING time! your pictures are beautiful! please email me: PatriciaJDixon@gmail.com and let me know how you are doing! I love you!

Darrell Glenn said...

Hang in there. I'm praying for you.

L-Kat said...

shivonne!!

i am so proud of you. you work so hard and are doing such amazing things with your life. and ivy's right, no worries, it will all get done - it always does!

i hope you know that when we were at the SATC movie, whit, ivy and i were just sitting waiting for the movie to start, ordering our sangrias and chicken fingers and we were thinking about you. we even did a little "toast to shivonne" in your absence. know that even though you can't be physically here for big events - you are always talked about, missed, and here in spirit.

that is so special that chris went to SATC with you. omg, brady would hate that! you know, i always wondered why guys don't care for SATC. it's kind of raunchy - and super funny. anyways, that's so sweet that he went with you. i saw it twice (the first 2 days it was out) and cried both times. did you know that carrie alone had over 800 costume changes? i read it in a mag.

anyways, i haven't commented on your blog because i don't have internet at my new place yet. i've been there for a week! i don't like to type long things like this on my iphone so i wanted to wait until i was at a computer (i'm at my parents) but not worries! i get internet on tuesday night!!!

i have been reading your blogs and love them so much, you're life is so interesting - you should write a book when you come back.

i love you and can't wait to see you soon!

ps. we must have a force reunion. what are your plans for when you return? we must work it out. your thoughts?

love/miss/namaste.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine