Saturday, July 12, 2008

Homeward Bound

Remember that movie with the cute talking animals who get lost in the wilderness and then have to find their way home? Well, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about ME! Yes. That's right. In mere days I will once again be in the great state of Texas and surrounded once again by my wonderful family and friends.

So first things first. Yes, I am still alive. I acknowledge that as of late I may have neglected my blogging duties being as I haven't written anything in over a month. My only defense it that once I started to let the days build up, I just felt overwhelmed with all the catching up I would have to do. And you all know me...I'm kinda an all or nothing person. But I promise to try better in the future. My sincerest apologies.

So what has happened in the past month? Well, I finally sent off all my visa paperwork a little over a week ago and I'm keeping my fingers crossed and, more importantly, saying my prayers, that whatever is meant to be will happen. This is the most stressful part about coming home and leaving my life here-all the uncertainty. I don't know when and if I'll be able to come back, and the not knowing is driving my crazy. I know I need to just let go and trust in God, but sometimes it's difficult to do. In the meantime, I'm just focusing on all the positive things like, I don't know, how AMAZINGLY excited I am to see everyone! Y'all cannot realize what a postive force you all are in my life. Get ready for some awesome reunions and good times to come soon. I love each and everyone of you. Sigh. I'm a lucky girl.

So my plans for the next few days are as follows: Tomorrow (Sunday)-work. Yes. On my last full day in Scotland I will be working. That's what happens when you are understaffed in the summer season. Oh well, it's not too bad I guess. I have some last minute things to do but I can try to squeeze them all in on Monday. After work tomorrow, Veronika and I are going to visit our old friend Monika at her new job (which just happens to be at a pub) and have a farewell drink (or two) together. Then I need to finish packing (I just have clothes left-still a pretty big undertaking considering the quantity of clothes I have not only brought but obtained in my time over here). Monday-Chris was able to get the day off so we could spend it together. Hopefully I'll have most everything done (besides a few last minute errands I have to save for a day off) so I can relax and not be too stressed out. Then Monday night I'm off to Stirling to catch the sleeper train to London at 11:59. Tuesday-I'll spend in London, searching desperately for a tea length navy bridesmaid dress (don't worry reesy, I promise I'll search hard). Told you I procrastinated. Wednesday-I fly out of London Heathrow and arrive in the ATX (that's Amarillo, not Austin) at 10:49pm haggard from traveling, but happy to be home again. So if I don't get to blog (or you don't get to read this) in the next few days, hopefully, the next time you hear from me, it will be in person. Get excited....(I am!) Muah!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I can hardly wait to see you! Enjoy the next few days overseas. I am praying for God's will and hoping yours and His match up!
Love you,
Mom

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine