Monday, July 28, 2008

My List

To do list that is. Since I've been home for almost two weeks now, I've decided it's time for some productivity/self improvement. Don't get me wrong; sleeping for 12 hours every night and watching reruns of scrubs has its appeal, but I'm pretty sure my parents are beginning to wonder why their daughter has turned into a couch potato. So, with the weeks spanning ahead of me filled with waiting to see what I'm going to do at this point in my life, I've put together a to-do list to pass the time and, if I'm lucky, make myself a bit better of a person. So here it is:

1. Maid of Honor Duty: With less than a week before my Reesy gets married, I've managed to procrastinate on all my little jobs I need to do. Fortunately, I have FINALLY found my dress. I'm not crazy about it, but hey-it's her day and it's okay if I don't look perfect-right? Right. Still coming to terms with it. Anywho, now I need to put together the slideshow for the rehearsal dinner, finish planning the bachelorette party, practice Therese's makeup, and write my speech. No big deal. Gulp.
2. Go back to work. Gah. Yes, my on again/off again relationship with Malcolm's will be on...again. Turns out I have my credit card and student loans that won't pay themselves off. Plus I need to start saving money for my future life plans, whatever they may be. Waitress Shivonne is once again making an appearance...get excited.
3. Get in shape. Somehow I managed to work out a total of like three times during my period abroad. Oops. So I'm taking advantage of our family gym membership and lifting weights and putting in some time on the elliptical machine. I couldn't walk for about a week, but I'm getting there.
4. Get my nose back in the books. No, not school books (as if. I barely made it through college the first time). Since I've been home, the lure of satelite TV has taken it's hold on me, and it's not a pretty sight. After not having television for five months, I've gone a little overboard. So, I need to find other options for my free time and I've decided to take the literary route. Right now I'm reading a really interesting book called The Beautiful Fall-it's an expose on fashion in the 70s centering around Yves Saint Laurent and Karl Lagerfeld.
5. Get in more quality family time. Since this will be the last time I live at home (hopefully) I need to take advantage of the proximity of the fam. Therese is moving into her cute new house here in Amarillo after the honeymoon, so I can help her with that. Noah and I have been getting in some good guitar hero playing, and it's nice having dinner with the parents again. It's so easy to to take the people closest to you for granted, and I'm going to try my hardest not to do that.
6. Visit my girls. Luckily Whitney was able to make it to Amarillo for a couple of days which was AWESOME....gotta love the former rooms. But I need to make trips to Austin, Richardson, and Houston to see everyone with their new lives/apartments/jobs/etc. Wish it just didn't cost so darn much. Gah.

So there's my list as of now. Now that I have the list, I better get to working on it. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Ivy said...

i have only one more small, teeny, tiny thing to add to your to do list...
CALL ME BACK WOMAN. iv lef tyou a couple of messages and i'm still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine