Thursday, May 7, 2009

Caught Up

I've been sitting here, feet up, slightly distracted by the news of Oz, catching up on all my emails/facebook/blogging, and it feels good to be caught up. For some silly reason I go through periods where I won't even look at my laptop for a week and then it starts to build up: the stress. How an inanimate object can cause stress to a (hopefully) sane person's life is beyond me, but that's not the point. It does. All I can think about is how many emails are piling up, or how my internet to do list continually grows, or how I should be a good friend/daughter/sister and blog so people know I'm safe and what is happening on my side of the world when out of nowhere I start to get that feeling that isn't unlike hyperventilating  and I do the healthy responsible thing-throw a blanket on top of the thing, grab my i-pod (thankfully never a source of stress), jump under the covers, and play a calming song. Effective, but not exactly tackling the problem. But not this time.  I bit the bullet and acquiesced to the inevitable pile-up. That's the thing about procrastination-it's horribly nagging while you indulge it and virtually nonexistent once you tackle it. Why do we as humans do this? Pretty silly actually. 

Well now I've spent just about all the cyber energy I have at the moment, so I'm afraid that's all I have to offer in the way of a blog for now. Well, there is just one more thing. I read this on my delightful friend Ivy's blog during all my 'catching up' and experienced a real sense of calm once doing so. It's something inspired from an important woman in her life so thank you Momma Ikpeme for this truth that always rings true:
"Give it to God. All of it. Every burden."
And now comes the peace....

1 comment:

L-Kat said...

:)

sometimes my laptop causes me anxiety too. i'm on my computer all day at work so when i get home, i don't want to stare at it! don't worry, we're not mad :) and i'm glad you are safe. i can't wait to see you so soon!! love/miss/namaste.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine