Thursday, May 15, 2008

Monday and Tuesday are my favorite days of the week.

Weird right? Most people are 'working for the weekend' and all that jazz, but for me, the weekend is when I work the hardest. And sleep the least. And then the grumpy version of Shivonne starts to show herself and it just isn't a pretty picture. I hate that girl....she gets on my nerves. Well when I'm smack dab in the middle of a hectic busy weekend, I just think to myself-'all you have to do is survive until Monday'. Oh how I love Mondays. Why? Because they are typically my day off. And not only that, but after my day off, I get a (generally) slow and pleasant Tuesday at work followed by (drumroll please....) Girls Night! Yep, Aimee, Monika, and I started having a girls night every week after work on Tuesday since Monika can get a late bus home that day. It makes work much more bearable to know you get to have a relaxing evening together at the end of the day. The only trouble with back to back days of fun is that Wednesday mornings I wake up and think, 'oh crap. my little ray of sunshine to get me through the week is a painfully long, dragging, never ending 6 days away. Oh well, I guess it just makes those days that much more special...

So on my precious Monday/Tuesday back to back combo fun time this week, I started off with a nice, relaxing day off. I slept in until about noon. Well, by that I mean my damn internal clock woke me up at seven, I layed in bed willing myself back into slumber, and finally snoozed on and off until I gave up and got up. During the afternoon, Chris, Tony, and I went into Stirling to run some errands. I (finally) got a new charger for my phone. Yes, the same phone that I left the charger for at the hotel when I moved about 2 months ago. Now I only have to wait until my next day off to pick up a sim card that receives service here in Callander (the two current ones I have don't) and I will officially have a functional mobile. Nice. Also while we were there, my boys got haircuts so they are looking less hobo chic and more clean cut these days. Then after a quick subway sandwhich, we were off to pick up some food and head out to a barbeque at the hotel which was a lot of fun. It was a gorgeous sunny day and we had a nice time with all the staff up there; the hotel is situated in a gorgeous location, and it's nice to get away from callander if only for the evening.


Well that's Monday. As for Tuesday this week, it was a bit of a bummer. First of all, Aimee couldn't come because she had unavoidable dinner plans with her Mom. Then, Monika decided to change jobs to the Pub/Cafe down the road. Yeah, I pretty much cried. I think it will be good for her though...she's really tired of working in the tea room. Anywho, we went down to the Riverside Inn to confirm her start day, said hello to Cheffy Chef (our old Chef Ian who used to work in the tea room as well), and then headed down to the River to play frisbee (which, in case you were wondering, I'm absolute rubbish at). That was pretty much it for this week, but we've already planned our next girls' night- Aimee's going all fancy pants and decided to cook us dinner! Well, by decided I mean more of I told her she should and she gave in, but still very exciting. Unfortunately I still have the entire weekend to get through, but at least there is a little light at the end of the tunnel.


Well, I think that's about it. Not very newsworthy stuff, but y'all always complain when I don't update and that's all I got for now. I miss you all dearly, and don't forget to keep me updated too people!

4 comments:

Ivy said...

shivonne. you are never grumpy. even on your "grumpy" days you are a ray of sunshine to those arond you! and im iss you like woah! im so happy you are making such great friends there and are truyly connecting with people. all of your adventures sound amazing. and oh my gosh a sim card that wokrs? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! im excited!!!! get it. and get ut FAST! i hope that this weekend everyone in the town decides to go off of carbs so that you can get a mini break ;)!
i love you a lot, a lot. thank you for your amazing comment on the blog - you are so very important and special to me.

ps that girl in the picture alone at the end of your blog looks like laura dee. :)

April said...

i'll be in London June 10 and leave the 14th...I know you're not there anymore, but is there somewhere we can meet in the middle or something?!?!

April said...

PS- I had a dream that I went to visit you and someone I was with (I think it was Ed) was walking on the sidewalk and said something about it..and you were like sidewalk? What's a sidewalk? That's a __insert something completely wack and hilariously cute here__. It made me smile :)

Darrell Glenn said...

Shivonne, it was so good talking to yen on the phone. It sounds like you are doing so good!Things are getting busy around here with Daniel graduating. Wish you were here to help out with all the festivities. I'll save you same brisquit. Love, Dad

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine