Monday, January 11, 2010

Baby, Oh baby.

Yes my friends, there has recently been a new addition to my existence, and frankly I'm ashamed I haven't mentioned him before. Meet my baby-Mr. Pentax X70 Digital Camera Extraordinaire himself. Since that name is a bit on the superfluous side, I decided to go with Harvey. Yes, I've named my fancy new camera Harvey. Makes me feel very vintage press. The pop up flash, on camera digital manipulation, 12 mega pixels, and 24X zoom lend me quite the  amateur photog vibe, even if I can't decipher most of the symbols appearing on my LCD screen. I know, I know. Something something manual reading blah blah blah. Where's the fun in that I ask you? What if I want to take a journey of discovery with my new friend Harvey, uncovering his most fantastic secrets with innocent experimentation? Well, that didn't work. Turns out these fancy schmancy cameras are rather intricate. We're talking histograms, aperture, light exposure, shutter speed, and a whole heap of things I don't understand let alone know how to manipulate. Looks like Harvey has issued me quite the challenge, and you know I'm not the type to back down. Hopefully this gal is brainy enough to figure out the complicated technology (I know, but it's complicated to ME) so I can showcase some fresh pics for your viewing pleasure. Oh, and by the way, this isn't even one of those fancy SLR types with interchangeable lenses. I'm afraid that would be WAY out of my league. 

Now you might be wondering just where I conjured up such a beautiful specimen. Well Harvey was gifted to me from an equally beautiful specimen-the boyfriend. Did Chris outdo himself in the Christmas spirit this year or what? Yes, I'm a very lucky girl. Knowing my fondness of capturing interesting images and my tendency of wearing out my poor little canon power shot, this thoughtful man decided to take it up a notch, and I couldn't be happier. Now let's hope there's enough love to share between Chris and Harvey, because two men in any girl's life can get complicated-am I right?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Can't wait to see the pics!! I'm so happy you're blogging again.
Love you.
Mom

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine