Sunday, January 17, 2010

Flight of the Shivonne

Well kids, it's about that time again. Time to get a move on. Literally. As our stay here in the land of Paul Hogan, footy, servos, bogans, jackaroos, bondi cigars, cuppas, stubbies, and all those crazy marsupials* comes to an end, one particular to do on my list just had to be checked off. I wish it was some crazy adventure or a new exotic destination to be visited. Alas no. In the world of travel, the mundane details are just as important as the salacious adventures, and today we completed some necessary business that makes those adventures possible. Positive statement. Ringing affirmative**: we booked our flights. 

Unfortunately that doesn't mean you'll be seeing me anytime soon per say (these international do's have to be booked well in advance don't you know, not to mention the month long stopover to visit all of Chris' wonderful family and friends in the UK). What it DOES mean is I can give you actual, hard, set dates of when you WILL see me again. We call that a compromise. So here is all that vital information you just have to have. Sharpie these dates into your calendar because I am expecting numerous reunion specials upon my arrival. 

March 20th: depart Melbourne 11:15pm
March 21st: arrive London Heathrow 12:25pm

April 19th: depart London Heathrow 1pm
April 2oth: Arrive Dallas-Fort Worth 11am

Well that's the basic skeleton itinerary to date, and there's a lot of flesh around those bones that I'll update you on sometime later (let's just say the second leg of my journey will be an interesting one between an icelandic flight and changing airports in New York. The joys of traveling like a broke penny saving backpacker never end). Suffice to say that April showers this year will be bringing Shivonne along with May flowers. And I can't wait. 

*If you know what all these words mean, you have one up on me my friend.
**Yes, I realize these phrases aren't particularly necessary and probably rather confusing, but I was watching Breakfast at Tiffany's yesterday and Paul's character uttered these words and for some reason I just loved it. Now I'm trying to use this phrase whenever possible. And, yes. People are already getting tired of it. 

1 comment:

Shivonne said...

Well Mr. Travel Assistant man Henry called yesterday, and apparently our flights to the UK are booked a day later than originally planned (we save about a hundred dollars this way) so now we will be touching down at Heathrow on the 22nd of March (NOT the 21st). This traveling business is so fickle.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine