Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Time Has Come My Friends...


...the time for champions that is.



As most, if not all of my readers know, I heart college football. And I have very good reason to. After attending a university boasting one of the foremost powers in the NCAA football arena, it would be heretic not to bleed burnt orange. Unfortunately, for reasons I can't fathom, Australians really aren't all that interested in American football, and definitely not on the college level. Over this past season, I've been able to watch a total of three games. THREE. In not one of those games incidentally did my beloved Longhorns play. Yes. That's just what I thought-an honest to God tragedy. And do you know what the kicker is? At this very moment, the BCS National Championship game is on it's way, and I have to muster some sort of other worldly will power NOT to check the numerous score updates, online streaming footage, or even innocently pop onto ESPN.com. Why might I be putting myself through such torture? Well I just checked the Australian sports channel network and starting at 11:25pm this evening, they will be showcasing one bowl-arama featuring the 5 bcs bowls back to back for my viewing pleasure. I am preparing to gorge myself on an all night college football feast concluding in watching my University of Texas Longhorns march to the victory they deserve in a manner not unlike four years ago on this day when they succeeded in such an attempt against USC. The team may be different, but I swear 'Bama will rue the day they were matched against the 'horns. Before I make my way home for napping duties (Isn't it clear that I have no choice? There's a mandatory all nighter in my future), I'll close this post the only way I know how: HOOK 'EM HORNS!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Well, I love your post...and much better than the outcome of the game! Therese and Richard came by and said it was an exciting game to attend. (Lucky dogs...Therese also got to go to H&M) I hope you enjoyed your football fest.
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Shivonne!
Extraordinary thing called ESPN 360. Streams live game for your viewing pleasure on the computer! So if you like Longhorn basketball...there's your hookup! I hope you can take advantage of it.

xoxo
Rachel Glenn

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine