Friday, March 19, 2010

The Photographs to Speak the Thousand words I'm too tired to type...

My goodness what a week I've had.

After arriving home last night from our whirlwind Outback tour, I was planning to write a lengthy, in depth, captivating, amusing, all-around-amazing post about our exciting week of travel. Just one tiny problem-I'm pooped. Today was not a day of rest unfortunately. Another early morning saw Chris and I rub our sleepy eyes and head into the city for a day of errand running with dreams of resting quickly evaporating in our grasping hands. After getting everything else out of the way, I made my way to the state library for one last enchanting day in its dinstinguished walls where I've formed so many lovely memories. I've already been blowing up their free wifi for five hours, and I'm just now making it to the blog section of my internet to-do list. Who knew how much you missed being virtually sans internet for a week? What is the world coming to where we have to check our emails every few hours to stay 'in-touch'? Well there are pros and cons to everything so I shouldn't complain, especially since this hassling medium is what allows me to stay connected with everyone I love across the world. It's all in the perspective my friends.
Anywho, after checking countless emails, confirming flights, looking up hotel information, sending some emotionally exhausting correspondence (I figure if you're not gonna commit to an email, just don't do it. Who wants to open a highly anticipated note to discover a one liner?) I am just about interneted out. As I'm typing I can barely keep my drooping eyelids from immersing me in complete darkness and my head from slamming down on my keyboard. So instead, I spent thirty minutes trying to do an upload of as many photos from our trip as possible to share with all my favorite people. With this shoddy unsecured wifi connection, I managed two. So here they are in all their glory, and I guess you'll just have to wait to see the other 9,874,392 photos some other time so now you have something to look forward to. Or make you cringe. Your pick.

The ever entrancing and mystifying Uluru in all it's sunset glory. I literally have over a hundred pictures of the world's most famous monolith-from sunrise, to sunset, to base walk it's covered. So let me know if you want to see picture after picture of a big red rock, and I've got you covered.

Still fresh faced after our first day of our travelthon toasting Uluru with, what else, cider. The English bloke seems to really be rubbing off on this poor Texan.

The next 48 hours are all I have left of my Australia adventure, and unfortunately they will be dedicated mostly to laundry, cleaning, and packing. How very glamorous. Thankfully we do have one more night of Melbourne shenanigans to engage in-so I now I must leave you to prepare for one last night on the town. So goodbye from Australia...my next post will most likely be from Chris' very own England. G'Day Mate!

1 comment:

Ivy said...

PICTURES! I had forgotten what you look LIKE!!!!! youre so prettty! im glad you had such a great time and that youre safe! this next month shall be one for the memory books! cant wait to hear all about it! i love and miss you every day!

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine