Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Relaxing Day Off...


So after another busy weekend of selling cakes, pies, and bread (and maybe eating a few along the way), I was very pleasantly surprised at our weekly meeting Sunday night when Veronika let me have Monday off. I had requested Monday as my off day, but two people were going on holiday so I didn't get it....I've been trying to get Mondays off because that is when Mhor Fish is closed so Chris has a day off as well. I've been thinking it might be nice to see him for more than a couple of hours at night after he finishes works and before I have to hit the sack at a reasonable hour so I can drag myself out of bed for my early morning shifts (turns out our work schedules are a little less than compatible). Turns out my little mommy Veronika managed to take care of me and work it out...yay! Turns out I say turns out way too much. Hmmm... I should work on that.


Anywho, yesterday was a really nice lazy day complete with sleeping in, a (very) late breakfast in the tea room, a quick shopping trip up to Stirling, and finished off with a barbeque up at the Monachyle Mhor Hotel for Sven's going away party. I was really excited to visit the hotel because I had left my lovely black boots when I left over a month ago and haven't had them since. Unfortunately I managed to forget them once again. Crap. I guess I'll have to collect them the next time I'm up-let's hope it's less than a month this time.
Oh yeah! While we were in Stirling, Chris and I saw a pub called Longhorns...isn't that awesome? So of course I had to take a picture, and I even got Chris doing the hook em' horns in front of it. Nice.


As an added bonus, I didn't have to start work until 12 today. Yep. That's officially a day and a half off, and let me tell you, that's like the jackpot around here in our painfully understaffed shop. I got to have a bit of a lie in, do my laundry, pick up some jumpers and shirts from the charity shop that I absolutely adore here (I seriously go in at least twice a week to check if they've put anything new out....I'm kinda addicted actually), and then went by the pharmacy because I'm STILL having freaking crazy red eye syndrome. I woke up this morning and realized I forgot to take my contacts out. again. oops. So I hop up out of bed, pop those babies out, drench my eyes with drops, and pray for all to be well in a couple of hours. negative. by the time I was getting ready for work, my eyes were so sore and sensitive that I couldn't check my email because the computer screen hurt too badly to look at....no way I was going to be able to wear my contacts today. Oh, and did I mention I snapped my glasses in half? And forgot my spare pair. Way to go Shivonne. Anyways, Veronika, ever my little momma, lent me her glasses to I could see (after giving me a talking to about sleeping in my contacts) and I ran up to the pharmacy before starting work. When I told the pharmacist my symptoms, she said she didn't feel comfortable giving me anything and I should really see an optometrist. So here I am, fifteen minutes until work begins, with my eyes bloodshot red, pouring water, giving me the sniffles, and I can't even look people in the face because the sunlight hurts too dang badly. After finally talking the lady out of some eyewash, I jet back to the shop to start my shift wondering how I'm going to make it until my next day off when I'll be able to get to an optometrist before five. Luckily, Aimee said she would switch her early shift with me on Thursday so I can leave at two and a catch a bus to Stirling....so we'll see how that goes. I'm so tired of looking like I've just had a tear fest. Geeze.


Alright, well I guess that's all the update I have for now....love you people!

4 comments:

L-Kat said...

i hope your eyes get better! i'm glad you had some nice time off :)

you're so cute, shivonne!! getting time off to spend with the bf. i love it! it seems like you're having a great time. although i can't wait until you come home to us...

feel better and keep having a blast! love/miss my loml.

Ivy said...

i love the picture!! how cute! tell chris thanks for posing! :) and can i just say that there were several sentences i had to re-read bc youre talking all scottish like and i dont understand scottish! i only know texan, woman! but youre too cute and i miss you too much.

thanks for being you.

and also, come home!

Whitney said...

omg, becky, shivonne is taking time off work to be with a BOY! this is ground-breaking news. but also, we all knew it was coming.

LOVE and ADORE the pic of him in front of the longhorns sign putting up the horns! kudos. kudos. im so happy for y'all and your relationship. cant wait until you get back so that we can talk about those things that i always said one day you would be coming to me about instead of me coming to you!!

i love you and miss you more everyday! you have no idea how sad i am that you cant be here for our "mini" loml reunion. and yes, its mini bc youre not going to be there.

nothing is the same without my shivontee :(

Darrell Glenn said...

Enjoyed the picture in front of the Longhorn cafe. Take care of that eye, and let us know what is going on. love, Dad

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine