Sunday, April 27, 2008

This Week

So I've been sitting here reading over all y'alls' blog comments (which I do an embarassing number of times a day-what can I say? I miss ya!), and I realized my most recent blog was about my day off last week and my off day is tomorrow. Yes my friend, I have neglected my blogging duties this entire work week. I sincerely apologize; I know each and every one of you eagerly check my site multiple times a day, sitting on the edge of your seat, hoping, wishing, praying I have posted yet another enlightening, witty, mind blowing observation on my life only to be disappointed when the same old thing loads onto the screen (well, I might be exaggerating a teeny itsy bit, but don't burst my bubble-my delicate ego can't take it). So to redeem myself for such a heinous lapse in judgement, I have compiled a "week in highlights" list in order to get you up to speed:

1. MONIKA IS BACK! I forgot how much I love working with that girl; the place is kinda depressing without her constant laughter, silly jokes, and Slovakian accent. She is seriously my favorite person to work with. Seriously.

2. Ian is gone :( Cheffy Chef/Uncle Ian (I'm not sure I ever actually call him by his plain name) took a job down the road at the Riverside Inn. I miss him and the kitchen is in a bit of a shambles without him around, but at least he is still in Callander(I saw him and Fiona-his lovely girlfriend-at the pub last night...happy days). Gabor is his replacement who is really nice but quite timid which isn't so great when you're running a kitchen, so we'll see how that goes...

3. Veronika is on holiday. For two weeks, the person who pretty much takes care of everything that goes on in the tea room and shop, does the orders, and makes the shop list will be gone. So what does that mean for me? You guessed it...more responsibility and hours with the same pay. Oh joy. Actually I guess it's not too bad; I just have to do up the list for shop orders, make the schedules, and keep an eye on things with Monika during closing. It'll be good though. Veronika gets really stressed out at work so it will be a nice break for her (not to mention a nice break FROM her and her over analyzed ways. I love that girl, but dang she stresses to much).

4. Chris got his car fixed. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but he has this like 1970 something classic mini named Felix. Unfortunately, I get the sense Felix doesn't approve of me. Both times I rode in the car it broke down. Well you know my luck with automobiles, I guess it's starting to rub off on the people around me. Anyways, Felix took a little trip to the garage, so hopefully he's all better. Just don't ask me; I haven't been allowed to ride in him yet.

5. My lilies opened! Aren't they beautiful? It's so nice to have huge, bright, cheery flowers to be the first thing I see when I walk into my room. Makes even my bad days a bit easier to recuperate from.

So basically, that was my week. Well, in an annotated, numerical, basic form. I promise to blog in a more timely fashion this week as to provide more of the riveting details of life in Callander you so desperately want. Love/Miss.

3 comments:

L-Kat said...

i DO check your blog religiously every day!! even if i don't comment right away, chances are i've read it less than 2 hours after it was posted. i love it!

keep having an amazing time! we're counting down the days ;) love you tons

Ivy said...

haha! i pretty much check your blog first thing when i sit down at the computer. i cant help it. im obsessed with you! and i miss you like crazy so getting to read your blog makes me so happy and makes me feel like even though we are so far away i am still a part of your life. i put your picture in my wallet - i love it, thank you so much sweet, sweet girl. :)

i hope you havnt let chris in on your automobile reputation... he probably wont ever let you in his car again! sometimes i pretend im you when im driving so i can get a little bit of a thrill in my life! ha! (actually, im just as bad as you so i try to cover it up by pretending im you!)

anyway, i hope you arent having too many bad days over there..you deserve to have the best day ever day! i miss you honey bun. xoxo.

namaste. & peace.

Whitney said...

shivontee...u have no idea how much i miss u!!! i need u back in my life. no one could reassure me and give me advice like you could. im lost without you!

anywho...i loved the update and it always makes me feel a little bit guilty about not updating you as well as you do us!! but...you know me, blogging is just not my thing.

i think about you everyday! get your ass home!

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine