Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Things that make me smile....

  1. Receiving post from my friends and family


  2. The smell of fresh cut grass (reminds me of my daddy)



  3. Playing the perfect song that is the musical realization of how you feel exactly at that point in your life



  4. Pretending I can be an amateur photographer (you can check out my new pics through my photograph link...just don't laugh at me!)



  5. Comments on my blog posts by my favorite people



  6. Decorating my sad new room with flowers, scarves, knick knacks, and most importantly pictures to make it feel like home



  7. Splashing around in my new wellies for the first time (even if it does make me cringe a little that I'm getting them dirty. gah. I'm such a girl about these things)



  8. People laughing when I tell them "Bye! Have a good day!" Apparently, this is a very American thing to say and quite amusing to these Scottish folk.



  9. Discovering new books, including my current literary obsession of short stories by the Brazilian writer Paulo Coelho- "Like the Flowing River"...pick it up when you're in the mood to feel inspired.



  10. Remembering how lucky I am to have such a unique and kick-a experience at this point in my life, but better yet-knowing I am blessed with the best friends and family in the world who always have my back, support me unconditionally, keep me in their prayers, and make life worth living. Thank you all so very much.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I love you. And I am so proud of you and happy for you and your adventurous spirit.
Mom

L-Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L-Kat said...

just wanted to let you know that don't stop believin came on my ipod on the way to work this morning. as i belted out, "...she took the midnight train goin anywhere..." my throat got really clogged and my eyes just welled up with tears because all i could think about was you. i really miss you, shivonne. it makes my day to read your blog and get messages from you because even though we're all so far away from each other, i feel so present in each of your lives and i feel your presences in mine too.

that journey song is not just the song that all the girls scream to and act silly during in bars. it's OUR song to scream to and laugh at each other during...it just gives me that feeling of togetherness, you know? corny, but i can't help it.

know that you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers and i can't wait to see you when you come back. love/miss.

Darrell Glenn said...

It touched me to find out that the smell of cut grass reminds you of me. Your pictures showed some awesome lawns, and I bet they don't even have to work very hard to make them look that way.I may use a picture of yours as a buisness logo. Love, Dad

Heather said...

I love that you are loving Scotland! It looks like you are making it your own, that is giving it your own Texas twist! I think it is all great! I stalk your blog regularly, because it is all so wonderful to hear about! Love...PS tell us more about this boy!!!! Love

Whitney said...

ooh i just read the other comments and i heard dont stop believing in the car today, too!!! i thought of all of us and wanted to cry, also. just a weird coincidence.

but i am so happy to hear all of the things that youve got going on right now and how much youre changing. i love you and you inspire me daily.

ok and...
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MY EASTER CARD!!!! i just got it, and it was probably the sweetest thing anyone has ever written me. i sat in the car and read it right after i checked the mail. i couldnt wait to go upstairs. so of course, i was sitting there crying in my car. i miss you more than i could ever put into words. the little card that you sent me inside the card is taped up on my mirror along with some of your words written next to it in dry erase marker so that i can think of you everyday (as if i dont already) and remember what an amazing person you are and how much i cant wait to see you again!!

i dont really know what else to say except that everyone that knows you is truly blessed that they are so lucky to have someone like you in their lives. i know i am. i thank God for it everyday.

i love you and miss you.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine