Saturday, April 12, 2008

Shivonne and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day


Okay. I know in the past I've gotten wonderful loving comments on how inspiring and upbeat my blogs are and how you're all so proud of my positive attitude and what not.... so here's a fair warning; in case the title didn't tip you off, this will not be one of those blogs. I'm sorry, but at this moment it is not humanly possible. Bare with me.

Do you ever have a day that just inexplicably sucks? There's no big reason, no major catastrophe, no life altering dissapointing turn of events, no anything but simply general suckiness. That pretty much sums up my day. This morning, it took all my will power, determination, and the threat of possibly losing my job to motivate me into dragging my booty out of bed. I guess that was a little sign of what the day had in store for me....I should have known. By the time I made myself look halfway awake and presentable enough to face other human beings I started to feel a little better. That is, until I walked into the shop. From the time I stepped my foot in the door until I locked it at 5pm this evening we had a constant stream of customers milling around, ordering cakes, and pretty much annoying me. I'm not gonna lie, usually I'm damn good at customer service and I really do like interacting with people. It's not hard for me to keep a smile on my face, making jokes, and enjoying my work (at least as much as work can be enjoyed), but today, today was a different story. Everytime the door opened, I had a nagging urge to punch each customer in the face. I feel horrible saying it because I really didn't have any difficult people in, I was just so darned annoyed at everyone. What a horrible way to be. And I even tried breaking out of my funk but it wasn't happening. The worst part was how slowly the day passed. Usually when we stay busy with customers, the time just flies by, but not today. I thought it was never going to end. Oh well, it finally has ended so there's no point dwelling on it. Sorry for the little tantrum, but I needed to vent just a little. Don't worry, I'm over it now....I hope.

So other actually sudo important news....I got a raise! Now don't get too excited, I'm not really raking in the dough but I now earn more than my estimated 3 pounds per hour I was previously getting. I'd been meaning to ask for more money for awhile, but hadn't found the right time. Then yesterday all of a sudden Veronika was like 'okay. do it now.' Now, I had my doubts. Dick was running around trying to sort out some issues and had already been accosted by two unhappy employees which made me think that would be the absolutely WORST moment, but it turns out Veronika was right and everything was honkey monkey as she says.

Oh yeah, last but not least, I had my eyes checked out on Thursday. Turns out, I'm not exactly a genius when it comes to eyecare. The contact solution I've been using is 1. incompatible with my contacts and 2. over a year out of date. I guess that would explain the incessantly red and irritated eyes I've been walking around with for the past two months. You think I would have checked that before now huh? Oh well. I'm just relieved to know why...

Well alright, I'm sorry for the kind of downer/boring/loser post I've just written, but that's mainly all I have for now. I promise I'm turning my sucky attitude off and I'll be a much happier bunny the next time I write....but as always, I love and miss each and everyone of you like crazy. Muah!

4 comments:

Darrell Glenn said...

Mom and I just read your blog and we wanted you to know that everyone has those type of days. They are normal part of life, and although feelings are important, they are not an indicator of our current relationship with God. He is always present and working in our lives, no matter how we are feeling. Both the raise and the eye were good news. We're praying. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had such a rotten day. I love looking at your pictures because everything looks so amazing there, not to mention you look so beautiful and happy! Love you lots and miss you. I can't wait to see what other kind of fun adventures you get yourself into this week.
-Maura

L-Kat said...

so you've vented about ONE bad day at work? try being my parents after i came home every night after interning. i complain WAY too much...and you are entitled to have a bad day and complain about it. i'm glad it's over, though. congrats about your raise! i hope that your days get better and better.

my internship is over!! yay! now i can be happy :)
love and miss you terribly!
namaste

Ivy said...

aww! im so sorry you had a hard day! im glad it passed and im sure things are looking up! im so glad you got your eye under control! what have i been telling you girls about taking care of your contactS! hate to say i told ya so, BUT i told ya so! :) haha!

i miss you a lot and youre always on my mind!

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine