Thursday, March 13, 2008

Learning to Trust...

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8



I am continually amazed everyday how God manages to guide me in the right direction no matter how often I feel lost. If you've been reading my blogs, you know I wasn't exactly keen on switching jobs and moving out of the hotel and into Mhor Bread. I fought against it until I had no choice but to move or find another job. But once again, God knows what he is doing even if I don't always listen properly. As of next week, Elidhe, Toby, Kiley, and Colleen will all be leaving Monachyle Mhor because they are fed up with the management. If I had not moved from the hotel I would probably be doing one of two things: 1. Move away to another job as well (probably not too resoponsible) or 2. Stay at the hotel and be virtually isolated from any city or friends. However, since God rightly pushed me into my new life here in Callander I've felt as if I'm starting to find my way. I'm enjoying the work at the bakery-it's easy, relatively fun, and I meet a lot of interesting people. A lot of the locals come in everyday so I'm getting to know the town a bit. They always ask me, 'so how's Texas today?' or 'I need 8 morning rolls, Texas sized please.' It's quite fun to be a novelty here anyways. Also, I'm becoming to feel more at home and comfortable both in the bread shop and in the house. I'm learning (painfully slowly) how to play pool, and I'm starting to bridge a bit of the language barrier with the Hungarians (with a lot of Veronika's help) so that's nice. All in all, things are looking sunny here in Callander (well, not literally-it rains/snows/drizzles ALL the time-but I guess you can't have it all).



Today was another early morning-I went in to work at half past six and opened the shop. They are putting in a new kitchen so the tea room was closed today and we had noisy workers and drills and hammering going on all day. Then they were messing with the fuse box, shut off the power in the front shop, and couldn't get it back on for a good 20 minutes all in the middle of the lunch rush. Since only the shop was open, only Veronika and I worked but it wasn't too bad. We were relatively slow since the weather was so poor, and I really enjoy working with her so we had a bit of fun. We moved the stereo from the tea room to the shop and borrowed a Frank Sinatra CD from Chris so we had music today; it reminded me of home and you daddy-I'm so glad you put me onto old blue eyes. The best part is, they still won't be done with the renovation tomorrow, so after we open, Veronika and I get the day off! We're going to have breakfast at the deli down the street, and then we're going to take on the shops on main street. It will be a nice break from just working anyways.



Well tonight I just have laid back plans-I'm going to dinner with Veronika, Marcus, and Chubby at Mhor Fish- it will be the first time I've eaten there so I'm excited. Veronika swears by the crab meat so we'll see. Then I might watch a movie with Chris after work instead of going to the Pub-I figure three nights in a row may be a little much so this will be a nice change of pace. So I think that's all for now, but I just want to say again how much I appreciate all the great support y'all give me-all your prayers and comments really help! It makes me feel like home isn't so far away. I'm so blessed to have each and every one of you in my life....so thank you!

5 comments:

Ivy said...

God's got our backs.


i miaa you always.

Ivy said...

oh. by "miaa" i mean miss.

:)

L-Kat said...

YOU inspire ME.

keep livin, girl. L-I-V-I-N.

miss you tons and can't wait to hug you. much love, sista.

Kim said...

Your openess to God and His love and wisdom in your life warms my heart. I am so happy that things are going well. I love reading your blog. You are a brave, strong young woman. I love you.
Mom

Darrell Glenn said...

You have had quite a Lenten journey. It seems you are coming out of the desert just in time for Holy Week. Not that there may not be some tough times ahead, but you come through saome knowing God is taking care of you, and that will be something you will recall the next desert you enter.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine