Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Enlightenment

This morning was one of those great and defining moments of your life when you look around, realize God's hand in your life, and actually listen. I woke up and got ready to take up the old job hunt once again here in Edinburgh; my plan consisted of me (dressed smartly of course), plenty of CVs (aka Resumes), and a positive attitude entering as many retail stores as possible begging for work, hopefully with a bit of dignity. Well I went down to breakfast quite unsure of how my day would unwravel, and I ran into Ralph who I had met the previous week. So we got to talking over toast and coffee and he offered to take me into his temp agency that did catering work. Naturally, I jumped at the opportunity, went in, filled out the papers, and go back tomorrow at four for an orientation and hopefully my first job assignment....yay! I might actually start earning money instead of spending it.

After my success at the agency, I decided to take on the shops. So far I've handed out 10 CVs and have gotten mixed responses...to make things short, I think that Monsoon and Topman Topshop (I think that's the name...better double check huh?) are my best candidates and I should hear back in about a week to try and arrange an interview. Whew. This looking for work is hard work. Life in the real world I suppose...

Following my rather productive job seeking morning, I decided to take a little walk around old town and see what I ran into. About three minutes in, I randomly chose a little enclosed street to turn on just to see where it went. About 20 yards down, sitting smack in the middle of this little street was St. Patrick's church. Somehow, God had led me right to him without me even realizing it. This is actually the first Catholic church I have come upon (most here are Anglican of course) and it is just a few minutes walk from my hostel. I love how God leads you down his path if you'll just open your heart to him...

Well this afternoon I'm just going to look online for more job opportunities, than catch up with Scott (that Aussie I met on the mountain) for some coffee. Thanks again to everyone for all your prayers..they really seem to be working! Love you all! Muah!

1 comment:

Darrell Glenn said...

It is neat when you see God in the little "coincidences" of life.Hang in there.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine