Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm Ready for London, but Apparently London is Not Ready for Me...


So today I experienced one of the most anti-climatic moments of my life. 12:30pm: I've carefully packed away two suitcases weighing less than 50 lbs each containing the contents to support me for the next 6 months as well as a carry on that weighs approximately 1 billion lbs with other necessary materials. I say my goodbyes, shed some tears, arrive at the airport, drag my bags to check in, and am shortly informed of my flight cancellation. Yes. The flight to change my life was cancelled. I am now departing for Houston via London at 9:30am tomorrow. I am finally at the point where i seriously cannot WAIT to leave and then I'm told my plans are delayed. Seriously? But I've come to terms with it. I firmly believe everything happens for a reason, and God has mapped out my life according to his plan. For some reason, I was meant to be in Amarillo for one more day and I have embraced this gift. My mom and I went to the matinee (we say Atonement, one of my new favorite movies), and then I spent the evening relaxing at home. As hard as it is, I just have to remember to trust in God and be grateful for every opportunity, no matter how unexpected it might be.


I realize I have definately slacked off on my blogging responsibilities, but as of today I will be writing so much that no one will want to read it. I can't wait to reach my destination and share all my adventures with everyone. I love y'all so much!

2 comments:

Ivy said...

i loved atonement too. what a goooood movie huh? i am so sorry that you were not able to take of today, but i am glad that you got one more afternoon to just take it easy. Youre going to take london by storm and i am so poud of you!

L-Kat said...

maybe your flight was cancelled to show you just HOW READY you are to be in London. you are more than ready, shivonne. it's gonna be great! i can't wait to hear all about it, i love you!

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel
read only a page." -St. Augustine